The Fulgur, developed by Simca in 1958, gives another idea of what the cars of the future may look like.
The Simca Fulgur was a concept car designed in 1958 by Robert Opron for Simca and first displayed at the 1959 Geneva Auto Show. It was also displayed at the New York Auto Show, and the 1961 Chicago Auto Show.
The concept car was intended to show what cars in the year 2000 would look like. It was to be atomic powered, voice controlled, guided by radar, and use only two wheels balanced by gyroscopes when driven at over 150 kph (93 mph).
Fulgur is Latin for “flash,” and Simca stands for “La Société Industrielle de Méchanique et de Carrosserie Automobile”